Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Spik'D Running Co.







For my company "Spik'D Running Company" I decided to design a logo that references back to a track lane. Mostly all serious track and field athletes could recognize it resembles a track by the starting triangle and the dashed lines within the image used for sprinters. I went with this color blue because on most tracks, the triangles are actually this shade of color. I only decided to outline the shape with the blue, however, because I feel like it would be too bright if the shape was filled in entirely. The rest of the logo is black. I made the logo semi-simplistic so it has more versatility and its features would not be lost if the image had to be shrunk down to fit on various signs/products. The font I decided to use for the word "Spik'D" is bold and tough- which most track athletes are. It is not overly masculine though, so females won't be turned off. The "running company" underneath "Spik'D" is italicized and smaller because I'm hoping people will become familiar with just saying "Spik'D" and think about running. I put these words in the same blue I used for the triangle and actually made the lines within dashed. Another fun fact about the company in general is that the big D in the word "Spik'D" actually refers to me-in that many of my friends call me by Dee.


Below is my progress with the logo. I didn't feel like this design was up to par or represented a track well. The red color also was too vibrant up against the black in my opinion.




















This is another track reference I used for designing my logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment