Monday, October 22, 2012

Project 3: Lava Lamp

The word I decided to base my illustrator project on was "groovy." The word inspired my aesthetic choices. When I think of groovy i think of bright,neon-like colors. Therefore, I chose light green and blue for the maority of the background color. These two colors are complementary to each other,creating a visual appealing effect. For the background I used the pencil tool and the eye dropper tool alot. I then did the Blur effect to mesh the colors together nicely. The lava lamp is deisgned using a various amount of tools, such as the pen, pencil, and effect designs. I wanted to make the peace sign stand out since peace in itself is a bold statement. I constructed the sign using the pathfinder and divide tools. I used plenty of layers and sublayers to create this trippy, almost messy like vector image.
 
Here are some of the references I used:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment